Monday, August 23, 2010

Working on a trading system

I started to setup a working trading system as of mid week of August after I sold every position I have before, ICT from my account and AP from my father’s account. It is working so far but it still needs fine tuning to work out perfectly.

The main focus of my trading system is to accomplish a target within 4-weeks time. The target of the trading system I am setting up is to gain 25% of total equity within 4 weeks. I started using this trading system on August 16, 2010, second week of August. I need to reach the target within 4 weeks time, at September 16, 2010.

The system requires aggressive positioning so I am also putting up an aggressive take on cutting losses. 1% from entry should do it. Position taken should immediately show profit or should not show loss at the very least.

Entry and exit will be confirmed by a set of technical indicators I have learned to use.

I am still learning basic fundamental analysis to get the bigger picture of the trade. So far, I have learned calculating book value and book value per share. Next should be intrinsic value which I have trouble learning until now.

I would also be incorporating pyramiding in my trading system to systematically reduce the risk exposed when taking up a position. The pyramid ratio I will be using will be 3:2:1. My main problem with this new set of rules of pyramiding is I still don't know how I would sell my accumulated position.

I hope to achieve the said target by September 16, my first month, so I can finally change my broker to drastically decrease the commission I am currently paying which requires me to gain 3% to break-even.

I will be starting the target from the proceeds of AP and ICT plus the losses I incurred with SFI and FGEN, plus my current position in FLI.

Gained 13% of the 25% target last week.

Out of 3 trades last week, 2 showed profits. I traded FGEN, FLI, and AGI last week. FLI and AGI showed profits while I immediately took loss with FGEN.

My new trading system seems to be working fine as it showed immediate positive results. However, I might still need to tweak it a bit to produce better results in the immediate future at a faster pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment