Thursday, December 2, 2010

Trade Setup: AP - Status: Open



The red box indicates where I initially believe that the price will head back down again as it broke down from its support - which I believed it should not so I didn't buy yet. However, I was wrong in my analysis that time so I decided to be on the right side of the market: Buy and go long.

B1 = First set of buying was staggered: First part was done @25.85. The buying during the entire session was strong I decided to chase it and got the second part @25.95.
It closed at 26 - the buying of the stock was immediately proven right as it immediately showed profits.

B2 = Second set of buying was also staggered: First part was done @28. The buying during the early part of the session was strong so I decided to chase it and got another set @28.25. However the buying was unsustainable, and it closed lower at 27.90, indicating that the timing of my buying that day was terrible. I let it run though as the reason for buying that day was still valid.

I was trying to buy a cross over of price below the 10SMA. However, price never dropped below it so I bought as close to 10SMA as possible.

Earnings report is the other reason why I took position.

Initial personal target price was 35. However, personal tp was reached and breached today so I am extending my holding period further because two foreign brokerage houses bought a large amount of shares on the market.

ATR buying: The day ATR buying was evident.
Deutsche buying: The day Deutsche buying was evident.

ATR buying has also formed a hammer candlestick(bullish indication) and price opened below the 10SMA but closed higher. It should have provided a good entry for a short term trade - if you weren't too afraid to buy.

The red circle on the MACD suggests a short term take-profits signal.

The red asterisk on the rate of change would suggest short term peak.

TOP 20 Buyer-Seller:



The image of the top buyer/seller is to see who's getting in and who's getting out within this past 3 days.

General trading plan: Sit tight and let the profits run wild.
Lesson in this trade: Averaging up works; always buy what's showing strength;
and don't be too quick to take your profits. :)

The big question: Will AP continue to advance in the short to medium term?

Well, you wouldn't know until you bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment